Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tid Bits!

So I just went to walmart and bought 2 cute 3 ring binders with sheet savers. One binder is for all my "NEW" healthy recipes, which by the way that shrimp scampi recipes was delicious it is in my binder now, keep putting up those yummy recipes girls, their awesome! Any way then my second binder is for all the healthy tips and exercise moves I find in my health magazines, it totally motivates me and makes it easy to keep my healthy habits, like tips about healthy oils, healthy snacks, stuff that just tells me what to eat so I don't have to open my fridge and think what healthy snack can I use. With my healthy tips I can just keep those healthy snacks stocked in my fridge and pantry so I don't fall into temptation, which you totally do right before dinner when you are starved and waiting for it to cook, so instead of reaching for the chocolate I can reach for grapes, to tone down the hunger giant and keep my hands occupied.

So I found another cool motivator...go to thedailyplate.com you can put in your weight goals, whether you want to loose, gain, or maintain, you put in what you eat and it calculates all your calories and if you want to loose weight it will tell you how many calories you have left to enjoy!! It is awesome because it makes you aware of what you are eating, it has helped me because I always feel guilty if I eat too many sweets, so when I look at my day and it says...you can have 300 more calories I think awesome, bring on the pumpkin square, and totally just enjoy it and not feel bad. You also put in your exercise you did for the day which is awesome because then you get more calories you can eat!! So it is free, you sign up, get all your info in like age, weight, height, and weight goals, and what type of daily activity you do everyday (which isn't your exercise of the day) so it takes all the guess work out of how many calories you should be eating. I've never counted calories in my life but I love this and how it helps me eat healthy. you can even save your meals and exercise, that you use all the time so you can just click on it instead of searching for the food. So if you decide to do it, and need help let me know, if you just surf around the site you'll figure it out! good luck, and keep posting

2 comments:

Hess said...

love the idea!

Dan said...

Totally random post from a (hopefully not) totally creepy blog surfing guy who happens to have Jenny Nielson as a neighbor and was poking around. With seven degrees of separation, hopefully that makes sense.

Either way, I've been cracking on P90X for about 7 weeks now. The key here is the diet plan (to be honest, that's about 80% of the weight loss aspect in P90x)-- and the daily plate is a great way to track your food and calories-- as that's what it aaaaaall boils down to: Calories in, Calories out. Eat clean, maintain a calorie deficit and when then insulation starts melting off, the toned body will be there. Eat like crap, go over your calories and you'll be fit, but you'll be fit and still be "fat".

So far I've lost roughly 12 pounds and am almost to "Not embarassed at the pool" summer weight.

Stick with it, push through the daily workouts and most importantly, pay attention to your nutrition! Keep it up and good luck!